Sarawak Businesses: Pakej Bantuan Khas Sarawakku Sayang COVID-19
1: Electricity Bill Discount up to 6 months
Sarawak Government: Domestic, Commercial and Industrial consumers will be given discount of 5% to 25% of their monthly electricity bill from April until September 2020.
- Domestic Customers are provided with 25% discounts
- Commercial C1, C2 & C3 Customers are provided with 15% discounts
- Industrial I1 & I2 Customers are provided with 10% discounts
- Industrial I3 Customers are provided with 5% discounts
2: Water Bill Discount up to 6 months
Sarawak Government: Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Consumers will be given discount of 10% to 25% of their monthly Water bill from April until September 2020.
- Domestic (HH with existing RM5 subsidy) Customers are provided with 25% discounts
- Domestic/Commercial Customers are provided with 15% discounts
- Commercial Customers are provided with 15% discounts
- Industrial Customers are provided with 10% discounts
3. 50% Discount for Rental & Waiver of Permits and Licenses Fees for Market and Stall
Sarawak Government: This assistance is expected to benefit more than 10,000 hawkers renting market and stalls particularly under purview of the local councils
- 50% discount for rental of Market and Stalls covering a period of six (6) months up to September 2020.
- Waiver of permits and licenses fees to traders, hawkers, night marketing traders, Tamu and bazaar Ramadhan operations.
4. 25% Discount on Assessment Rate
Sarawak Government: To ease the burden of the Rakyat and Business Owners;
- 25% discount on Annual assessment rate above RM400 threshold will be given to residential, commercial, industrial and special purpose holdings for the year 2020.
5. Deferment of Loan Repayment of SPIKS for SME
Sarawak Government: As a measure to ease the SMEs cash flow and lessen their financial burden, Sarawak Government has decided to defer the loan repayment for 9 months effective from April 2020.
6. Additional RM20 Million Micro Credit Schemes for all SMEs
Sarawak Government: On top of existing RM30.0 million micro-credit funds, Sarawak Government will offer additional RM20 million of SMEs to expand their business and to sustain their businesses
7. 30% Discount for Land Rent
Sarawak Government: 30% discounts for payments of land rents to all land uses for the year 2020. These measures will benefits 52,403 commercials, industrial, residential, large scale plantations and other public facilities
8. Deferment of Land Premiums
Sarawak Government: One-off Deferment payment for land premium from year 2020 to 2021 will benefit 1,721 stakeholders across Sarawak, which includes Agriculture, residential, commercial and industrial units as well as private and public in institutions.
9. Waiver of Hotel License Fees for Licensed Hotels and Lodging Houses
Sarawak Government: A one-off waiver for Hotel Licensing fees for 17289 Hotel Rooms throughout Sarawak for the year 2020.
10. Wage Subsidy Plan for Employer – Updated 6th April (PRIHATIN SME+)
Malaysia Federal Government: The Wage subsidy Programme is to help employers who are economically affected by COVID-19 in order to continue the operations of the company and retain employee.The wage subsidy programme announced on 27 March will be expanded from RM5.9 billion to RM13.8 billion.
This assistance is for a 3-month period and is specifically for employers registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) or local authorities before 1 January 2020 and are registered with the Social Security Organisation (SOCSO).
Under this enhanced initiative, all companies with local employees earning a monthly salary each of RM4,000 and below will receive wage subsidies as follows:
- For companies with a workforce of more than 200 people, Government will provide a wage subsidy of RM600 per month for every retained worker. However, the maximum number of workers that a company is eligible to claim for will be increased from 100 to 200 employees.
- For companies with employees between 75 to 200 people, Government will receive a wage subsidy of RM800 per month for every employee.
- For companies with employees of less than 75 people, Government will provide a wage subsidy of RM1,200 per month per employee.
- For employers opting to accept this assistance, they are required to retain their employees at least for a period of 6 months, that is 3 months during the period receiving the subsidies and 3 months thereafter.
- Companies / Employers Click here: How to apply for the Wage subsidy Programme
11. RM3,000 Special PRIHATIN Grant for micro enterprises (1-5 Staffs) (PRIHATIN SME+)
Malaysia Federal Government: Special PRIHATIN Grant amounting to RM2.1 billion will be established for eligible micro enterprises. A grant of RM3,000 will be provided to each company, benefitting almost 700,000 micro enterprises. The micro SMEs will have to register with LHDN to enjoy this assistance. The local authorities and SSM will provide the list of eligible micro enterprises to Government.
12. Abolish the 2% interest rate to 0% under the Micro Credit Scheme for micro enterprises (1-5 Staffs) (PRIHATIN SME+)
Malaysia Federal Government: Abolish the 2% interest rate to 0% under the Micro Credit Scheme amounting to RM500 million under Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN). The soft loan scheme for micro enterprises is also extended to TEKUN Nasional with a maximum loan limit of RM10,000 at 0% for each enterprise. A total of RM200 million fund will be allocated for this purpose. Applicants are given an option to choose either scheme to ensure more beneficiaries of this facility.
13. 25% Reduction on levy for foreign workers (PRIHATIN SME+)
Malaysia Federal Government: To reduce the levy on foreign workers by 25% to all companies with work permits that will expire in the period of 1 April to 31 December 2020. This reduction is not applicable to the domestic help sector.
14. Waive or provide discounts for rentals (PRIHATIN SME+)
Malaysia Federal Government: Waive or provide discounts for rentals to SMEs in the retail sector which are operating on premises owned by Government-Linked Companies (GLCs).
For more information related to point 1 to 9, please refer to
For more information related to point 11 to 14, please refer to
Malaysia ECONOMIC STIMULUS PACKAGE: