Sarawakian Workers: Pakej Bantuan Khas Sarawakku Sayang COVID-19
1. Electricity Bill Discount up to 6 months
Sarawak Government: Domestic, Commercial and Industrial consumers will be given discount of 5% to 25% of their monthly electricity bill from April until September 2020.
- Domestic Customers are provided with 25% discounts
- Commercial C1, C2 & C3 Customers are provided with 15% discounts
- Industrial I1 & I2 Customers are provided with 10% discounts
- Industrial I3 Customers are provided with 5% discounts
2. Water Bill Discount up to 6 months
Sarawak Government: Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Consumers will be given discount of 10% to 25% of their monthly Water bill from April until September 2020.
- Domestic (HH with existing RM5 subsidy) Customers are provided with 25% discounts
- Domestic/Commercial Customers are provided with 15% discounts
- Commercial Customers are provided with 15% discounts
- Industrial Customers are provided with 10% discounts
3. B40 Group – Monthly Cash Pay-out of RM250 for 6 month (Up to: RM1500)
Sarawak Government: 430,000 Sarawakians from the low income category; B40 group will be provided a monthly cash pay-out of RM250 for 6 months. This bill will be borne by the Sarawak Government. Reference to B40 Classification in Malaysia:
4. Bantuan Prihatin Nasional for B40 and M40 group on April and May
Malaysia Federal Government: B40 and M40 group will be provided a monthly cash pay-out for 2 months.
- Family with Monthly Income RM4000 or below
- Family with Monthly Income RM4001 to RM8000
- Individual with Monthly Income RM2000 or below
- Individual with Monthly Income RM2001 to RM4000
How to apply/Reference: https://www.treasury.gov.my/pdf/Bantuan-Prihatin-Nasional.pdf
5. RM500 EPF i-Lestari Account 2 Withdrawal up to 12 month
Malaysia Federal Government: EPF members may apply for the RM500 i-Lestari Account 2 Withdrawal Scheme beginning 1 April 2020. The savings to be deposited into their bank accounts from 1 May 2020.
- Withdrawal from members’ Account 2
- A maximum withdrawal of RM500 per month
- Savings to be deposited in members’ bank accounts starting May 2020
- Facility is effective for a maximum period of 12 months
6. Special Monthly Incentives for FRONTLINE PERSONNEL for 6-months
Sarawak Government will provide special monthly incentives for 6-months:
- RM300 to 6,232 Medical doctors, nurses and medical personnel who are working tirelessly in hospitals and clinics throughout Sarawak.
- RM200 to 535 Immigration officers manning the entry points throughout Sarawak.
- RM200 to 3,395 PDRM and Bilik Gerakan Negeri officers working around the clock to ensure safety and security of Sarawakians.
- RM200 to 590 Malaysian Arm Forces (ATM) who are manning the borders and those helping the police in maintaining law and order.
- RM200 to 590 Rela Personnel who are working around the clock to ensure safety and security of neighbourhoods
Photo Credits: Sunway Medical Centre
7. 50% HDC Rental discount for 6 months
Sarawak Government: A discount of 60% for rental of HDC Houses Rental Scheme covering a period of six months up to September 2020.
8. Employment Retention Program (ERP) For Employees Who Received Unpaid Leave Notice
Malaysia Federal Government: Affected Malaysian Workers who were forced to go into unpaid leave during the Movement Control Lockdown (MCO) can Apply For RM600 Financial Aid (Up to 6 months) from the Government.
1) Kenyataan Media Program Pengekalan Pekerjaan (ERP) Untuk Pekerja Terima Notis Cuti Tanpa Gaji
2) Pekeliling Majikan Bil.2 Tahun 2020
3) Borang – Pakej Rangsangan Ekonomi 2020 – Program Pengekalan Pekerjaan (ERP)
4) Borang – ERPC -19
5) Soalan Lazim Program Pengekalan Pekerjaan – Employment Retention Program (ERP)
For more information related to point 1,2,3,6 and 7, please refer to https://cm.sarawak.gov.my/modules/web/pages.php?mod=speeches&sub=speeches_view&menu_id=0&sub_id=67&nid=71&m=3&y=2020
For more information related to point 4, please refer to
For more information related to point 5, please refer to