Bantuan Khas Sarawakku Sayang 3.0 worth RM300 million to be distributed to Sarawakians in stages
Due to the third extensions of the Movement Control Order, the Chief Minister announced the Bantuan Khas Sarawakku Sayang (BKSS) 3.0 on 08 May 2020. There are total RM290 million for low-income groups (B40 group) and others
7 Additional Measures:
- B40 Group. The Sarawak government will provide RM1500 for 30,000 families registered in the BKSS 1.0 program (Families applied between April 18 and 28). Workers who are single and over 21 years old, with a monthly income of less than RM2000 will receive another RM500.
- Hawkers will get another RM750, including the RM1500 earlier, for a total of RM2250. (Will be distributed in May and June)
- Special allowance of RM200 is allocated to front-line staff, including customs bureau, local council staff, and civil defense force, for up to 6 months.
- Transportation operators registered with the Lembaga Sungai-Sungai Sarawak will receive a one-time RM500 allowance.
- Truck, taxi and bus drivers, including school bus drivers will receive a one-time RM600 allowance.
- A one-time subsidy of RM1500 is provided for registered guides and national park guides.
- In order to allow villagers to receive the BKSS aid and BPN aid from Sarawak and Federal Government respectively, mobile ATM cash machines equipped with MEPS services will operate in the rural areas. Start from May 10 on Sarikei, and to other rural areas accordingly.
- In addition, the Sarawak Government also announced a one-time RM1500 subsidy for 500 media journalists