BKSS 6.0 to ease the burden of Sarawakians
28 May 2021: Sarawak state government announced the sixth package of Bantuan Khas Sarawakku Sayang (BKSS 6.0), with the allocation of RM 1.4 billion to help to ease the burden of fellow Sarawakians following the implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO) from May 29 to June 11.
Highlights of BKSS 6.0:
- B40 group, each household head will receive RM250 for six months, namely, from July 31 until Dec 31, 2021, while single individuals aged 21 and above will receive a one-off payment of RM500 from Aug 31.
- Special monthly allowance of between RM 200 to RM 3000 for six months monthly for all Frontliners
- Grant worth of RM 1500 for hawkers and small traders registered with authorities, a one-off payment for RM 500 for ferry owners and operators registered with the Sarawak Rivers Board and RM 500 for e-hailing drivers
- A one-off RM 1500 for media practitioners
- Distribution of RM 3000 to 216 licensed tour agencies, RM 600 to 568 homestay operators, RM 1500 to 392 tourist guides and RM 500 to 99 licensed tourist vehicle drivers.
- The monthly electricity bill discount of between 5% to 25% will continue until December which involves 647,000 households in the state